Welcome! No you haven't entered some strange timewarp here. It's just a device I'm using so I can keep this post at the top of this page whilst I settle down and explain this blog to you...
Like shiny Christmas baubles emerging from their box after another year in the attic, this blog is my record of special times, occasions plus some of the temporary features from my other blog I would still like to keep. I won't be posting here on a regular basis, as this is a more personal journey. Here the Label facility will be much more useful to you as I want to collect various diaries, travels, experiences and projects into one place, but with each one as a separate entity. It's one way of showing I'm achieving my Life Goal of Making a Difference plus it's also a record of my beginning to be comfortable with being a 'Jill of All Trades' and grasping each and every opportunity that comes my way.
So here's my Box of Delight. If you open it, the ills of the world won't fly out at you - but like Pandora's Box, there is Hope to be found here.
The collection so far includes:
- Personal musings and thoughts which don't really fit with my regular blog, Veg Plotting
- Tracing my family history - an ongoing journey
- Slideshows of images I like which haven't been posted over at Veg Plotting
- My responses to the Your Messages project during November 2008. The Writing label will take you there and I may try out other writing projects on here from time to time
- A summary of Veg Plotting's awards and tags - this really is to cheer me up on rainy days and Mondays, not for blowing my own trumpet!
- The volunteer diary I kept whilst at the Special Olympics in Dublin in 2003. This was first published on the intranet at work, so I guess it's my first foray into the world of blogging in some ways. In time the Label Special Olympics will take you to more than just my diary as I have other materials to add. If you want to see just my diary, take this link to go to Day 1, you can then use the links at the foot of each day's post to go through in chrolological order instead of the usual reverse route that blogging gives you
I welcome your comments, but don't mind if you just come here to lurk - this blog is me in a more personal and reflective mood anyway. Veg Plotting always welcomes a more interactive experience :)