Friday 6 February 2009

Snow Casualties


There was even more snow overnight than I showed yesterday over at Veg Plotting. This was the scene at 8am this morning and it continued to snow up until lunchtime. For the first time ever I've had to go outside and knock the snow off the trees and shrubs. The conifer's looking a bit more upright, but I'm not sure if that lower branch is permanently bent. The willow tree on the right is more upright too, but the stake which held it seems to have disappeared. I'll have to wait until Spring to see if its little winter wandering means it needs to go. It's a favourite tree, but already I'm thinking there might be other possibilities for there, such as a more topiarised version.

I used a broom to knock off the snow. There was more and it was heavier than I was expecting, no wonder everything was feeling the strain a little. I must have looked quite a sight with my broom, knocking and shaking the trees and the snow slithering off, sometimes onto my head. Thankfully NAH couldn't find his camera, so it's not recorded for posterity!

2 comments:

petoskystone said...

i find a broom comes in very handy to push snow off the top to the mini-van :)

VP said...

It was very handy here too!