Monday 26 January 2009

Happy Feet


It's winter, so I can't show off what I had done to my feet yesterday that much, so I thought I'd show them off here instead! I've never had a pedicure before and never painted my toenails either, so yesterday held two firsts for me and I'm delighted with the results. As you can see, I went for the most vampish colour I could choose :)

I spent the weekend with my GNO buddies. We all used to work together (3 still do) and I organise a monthly meal/cinema trip for us. Sadly one has moved to Dorchester, so can't make many of our monthly gets together and another often has childcare issues, so it was especially nice for us all to be there for once. In December 2007, we had our first visit to a day spa at Center Parcs and swiftly followed this up with a spa weekend in January last year. As we've just had our second spa weekend, it looks like this is becoming a traditional annual event. S found a good deal at an hotel not too far away - good food, overnight accommodation, 4 treatments (Indian Head Massage, upper body massage, facial and eyebrow wax) plus use of gym, pool and sauna. Last year, all 4 treatments were firsts for me, but I didn't react that well to the facial, so I asked to change it to a pedicure for yesterday. That went much better and I loved the massage elements as well as the new nail painting experience!


The weekend finished yesterday lunchtime, so we decided to round things off with a quick walk round Lacock village. Here they all are just before we made it to the tearoom. Let's just say some people were very good and had sandwiches or soup whilst others (me included) had the full blown clotted cream tea. We also had plenty of time for gossip, laughter, champagne, nibbles and chocolates as well as being pampered, so here's to the next one. Thanks H for organising it for us this year - it's a great way to brighten up gloomy January :D

6 comments:

Gail said...

What fun! I love pedicures and painted toe nails! Are you addicted now! gail

VP said...

Yes I am! :D

Anonymous said...

Don't you look glam! I'm sure you could brave the cold in some sandals to show that off ;)

VP said...

Thanks Lisa :)

I was tempted to whip off my trainers at choir last night just to show them off ;)

kate smudges said...

What a wonderful tradition and a great way to ensure that you keep up with your friends. Your toe nails look gorgeous. I like this blog!

VP said...

Thanks Kate :)

Sadly it's been a bit neglected of late - must do some actching up in here...